Information Sources for Llandaff Fields
- A.A. Pettigrew: The Public Parks and Recreation Grounds of Cardiff
An unpublished account of the history of Cardiff's parks in six volumes, available for reference in the
Cardiff Central Library
Local Studies department. As well as other references
to Llandaff Fields there is a dedicated section in volume 2, pages 99-130.
Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales - Coflein(pdf)
Llandaff Fields entry in the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW),
the national collection of information about the historic environment of
Wales. The name is derived from the Welsh cof (memory) and lein (line)
- Western Mail newspaper articles
Contemporary reports and notices from the 1880s and 1890s, accessed via
the British Newspaper Archive or 19th Century British Library Newspapers
- Cardiff Council - minutes of meetings - available for consultation
at the Glamorgan Archives
Parks Superintendent's Report Book(pdf)
A handwritten book covering the period January 1908 to October 1912 inclusive, currently in the care of the Cardiff Council's Parks Service.
- 1938 Inventory of Parks Buildings and Equipment
This is a handwritten book, prepared as an insurance inventory in April 1938. This
book is currently in the care of the Cardiff Council's Parks Service.
- The aerial photography unit of the Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
The Welsh Government can be contacted by telephone on 0300 0604400