Llandaff Fields is on the west bank of the river Taff, and its eastern boundary adjoins Pontcanna Fields. It is essentially a level open space, rising gently towards Llandaff at the west. Llandaff Fields were acquired by the Cardiff Corporation in 1898, following a campaign to prevent the loss of access to the rural walks that it was feared would be the consequence of housing development and a proposed new road between Llandaff and Cardiff. Postcards of Llandaff Fields are relatively uncommon, but those that do exist show an open and largely undeveloped space. As well as postcard images there is a section which explores the documented history of Llandaff Fields.