Information Sources for Grange Gardens
- A.A. Pettigrew: The Public Parks and Recreation Grounds of Cardiff
An unpublished account of the history of Cardiff's parks in six volumes,
available for reference in the
Cardiff Central Library
Local Studies department. As well as other references
to Grange Gardens there is a dedicated section in volume 2, pages 40-46.
Public and the Parks Western Mail 28th July 1906
Full transcription of an article from the Western Mail in July 1906, featuring
four of Cardiff's Parks including Grange Gardens.
- Western Mail newspaper articles
Contemporary reports and notices from the 1880s and 1890s, accessed via
the British Newspaper Archive or 19th Century British Library Newspapers
- Cardiff Council - minutes of meetings - available for consultation
at Glamorgan Archives
Parks Superintendent's Report Book(pdf)
A handwritten book covering the period January 1908 to October 1912 inclusive, currently in the care of the Cardiff Council's Parks Service.
- 1938 Inventory of Parks Buildings and Equipment
This is a handwritten book, prepared as an insurance inventory in April 1938. This
book is currently in the care of the Cardiff Council's Parks Service.
- The aerial photography unit of the Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
The Welsh Government can be contacted by telephone on 0300 0604400